Bound is designer April Rhodes‘ third line of fabrics (she designs clothing patterns too) to be released in a week or so. I usually gravitate towards fairly bright colours, but now and again I crave the softness of a more muted collection. I love the southwestern feel of all of Aprils fabrics. I can picture still mornings with cool sunrises over dusty rock and tough sun loving flowers that prepare for hot dry days.
There are lots of similarities with the colours of Australia too. I love the subdued tones of those warm landscapes that have to reflect sunlight and store water any way they can. No saturated lush greens. But the sky is bright and the red earth is too. I’ll be figuring out a way to incorporate this fabric into my work soon. Especially because they’re made by Art Gallery fabrics, which is great because their fabrics are super soft and easy to work with. Definitely looking forward to this release.
Bound sprung from April’s love of collecting & making woven wall hangings, cozy blankets, vintage macramé and paintings. Stroll to an empowering environment organically colored with brushstrokes of tangerine, soothing sea, malachite greens and autumn sunset.
I just got the most awesome package in the mail. I’ve been busily sewing all weekend and just as I checked the post this morning – even MORE reasons to be excited. My lovely Mum got me these fabrics for my birthday and I can’t get over how great they are. Especially the new Carolyn Friedlander – Architextures.
I have loved ‘Field study’ by Anna Maria Horner for ages. And the Lizzy House ‘Pearl bracelets’ are perfect for everything, not to mention her new ‘Constellation’ series. Stars, moons and supernovas, awesome.
- 1. Drawing in white- Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander
- 2. Landscape circles in black - Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander
- 3. Sundials in happy – Field study by Anna Maria Horner
- 4. Fine feathered in whisper - Field study by Anna Maria Horner
- 5. Co-ordiantes in plum - Field study by Anna Maria Horner
- 6. & 7. Pearl Bracelets in tin man and hi ho silver by Lizzy House
- 8. Far far away III girl playing with horses in grey by Heather Ross
- 9. Star charts in light blue – Constellations by Lizzy House
- 10. Twinkle twinkle in white - Constellations by Lizzy House
- 11. Supernova in blue and black - Constellations by Lizzy House
- 12. Moon phase in teal - Constellations by Lizzy House
- 13. Crystalline in cobalt – Luxe in bloom, Art Gallery fabrics
- 14. Extravagarden in hush – Luxe in bloom, Art Gallery fabrics
A little charm pack from Architextures. I can see these going so well with florals, now back to my sewing. I’ll show you what I’ve been up to in a minute!